Earlier this month, I was invited to stay at the Corbett Riverside Resort in Uttarakhand. This was the first time I’d visited Corbett, and was not sure what to expect until we (two of my friends and myself) got there. After a long journey from Bombay via Delhi, this is what made the trip worth it, and why you should definitely vacation here next:
1. The scenery is spectacular. Positioned right on the banks of the River Kosi, Corbett Riverside offers a spectacular panoramic view. Whether you’re staying in a garden view or river view room, waking up to this view and the sounds of the forest is just superb. A front facing cliff frequented by langurs and macaques provides entertainment over breakfast at their Riverfront Restaurant. The outdoor deck on the bank of the Kosi is an ideal spot to watch the sunrise, and a picnic can also be arranged for, if you ask.
A photo posted by Divya (@blehlovesfood) on
2. Have your own jungle adventure. The oldest National Park in India – Corbett National Park, is just a short drive away from the Resort. If you’re the adventurous kind – or even if you aren’t – you can book a safari through the Resort itself. They have their own vehicles (open-top jeeps) sanctioned by the Park authorities, and their own drivers who will take you there and bring you back. Our safari driver was quite well-informed and enthusiastic about the local wildlife. Corbett National Park is an underrated gem. From dense forested jungle, to pebbled riverbeds, to tall grasslands; photos do not do their beauty enough justice! We were also lucky enough to see elephants, deer, monkeys, jackals, a large variety of birds, and yes – even a reclusive tiger (more on that later!) with the help of a local naturalist.
3. Indulge in a spa treatment. For the not-so-adventurous, you can kick back and relax with a lovely deep tissue massage at the spa! It has its own little cabin on the property, close to most of the rooms. If you do end up going on safari, I highly recommend signing up for even a short massage – you’ll thank me later. Thoroughly relaxing, I fell asleep within minutes of my back massage session and was in a state of total bliss afterwards.
4. It doesn’t get any fresher than this! Though the food here may not be fancy fine-dining, I can assure you that it is no less delicious. Cooked in a homely (or ‘rustic’, if you will) style, their breakfast is a mix of continental and Indian, while their lunch and dinner menus revolve around Indian cuisine. Quite a bit of their vegetable produce comes from their own organic garden on the property. This is the true meaning of ‘farm to fork’! They are also happy to accommodate any specific dietary requirements into the menu during your stay.
5. There’s so much to do! You’ll be spoilt for choice as far as recreation is concerned. Apart from the options of going on safari, or indulging in a spa treatment, Corbett Riverside also offers horse riding and organic gardening as activities. There’s also an entertainment room with a little library, a billiards table and a foosball table if you are more inclined to indoor activities. For your little ones, there’s a playground which will shortly include an activity room. In warm weather, you can take a dip in the pool – or even book a private villa with your own!
Bonus: The outdoor decks at the Resort are perfect for enjoying bonfires, especially after a long day. We spent most of our evenings nestled around the fire, snacking on kebabs and sipping our drinks as the chill of the evening settled in.
We had a ton of fun – vacationing here is definitely something I would plan on doing again. Whether you’re in a larger group of friends, or with family, or even on a romantic getaway; there’s something for everyone at Corbett Riverside Resort!
Stay tuned for more about my 3-night 4-day stay and safari. Follow me @blehlovesfood on Instagram for more photos!
Corbett Riverside Resort is located at NH 121, Garjia, Dhikuli, Ramnagar, 244715 Ramnagar, India.